If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices, please contact us.
We respect your privacy. We comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Acts 1988 (“Act”).
We ask for specific types of personal information that will enable us to process your purchase, enhance your site visit, respond to requests for information, support your relationship with us or to follow up with you after your visit.
We may collect information about you when you interact with us on the website. Some of the instances when this might happen is when you:-
• Register on the Actavo Direct website
• Request us to provide you with a quote for products etc
• Place an order with us
• Request email notification from us
• Request assistance from us either online or by telephone
• Provide feedback in a survey
• Participate in promotional offers
• Subscribe to a publication, newsletter or a mailing list.
We may also collect information relation to your online interactions with us (including, for example, your IP address, the pages you view and the links and advertisements that you click on) so that we can offer you a more consistent and personalised experience in your relationship with us. We may also use your browser and purchaser history to make recommendations to you and send communications via various communication methods, including email.
Use of Personal Information
We process personal information collected for the purposes of:
• Fulfil your request for products
• Contact you
• Customise our communication with you and the marketing material we share with you.
• Planning and managing our workload and/ or business activity;
• Providing you with press releases or other information and responding to your queries;
recruitment, order processing, account administration and obtaining feedback from you; and
• Maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource.
• Contacting you for market research purposes. From time to time, we may also use your information for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
Way use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We (or an agent acting on our behalf) may send you information about our various products or other products that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such communications, please include your contact name, company name, full address details and email/fax (if appropriate) and send such communication to us as follows:
Postal Address: Privacy Officer, Actavo Direct, Unit C, Cedar Court Office Park, Denby Dale Road, Calder Grove, Wakefield, WF4 3QZ
Please allow up to 10 business days for your preferences to take effect. Because some communications are developed and queued for distribution well in advance, you may receive additional information after we receive your request.
We will only disclose personal information to other companies in the Actavo Direct group of companies and to suppliers or advisors we engage to process data on our behalf or as otherwise required by applicable law or regulations. In addition we may disclose your data to third parties if we sell or buy any business.
If required, for storage or processing purposes, we may need to transfer your personal data to a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may be processed by our staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. We and our service providers will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that storage and processing of your data outside the EEA continues to comply with the provisions of the Act.
In addition to the policies and procedures we employ to safeguard your data, your personal data is protected by the Act. This provides, among other things, that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant, and not excessive. The information should be kept up to date, where necessary, and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people.
You have a right to request a copy of your data currently held by us and to rectify or remove personal details. You also have the right to opt-out of the use of your information for marketing purposes at any time. Please contact us by the following means: write to Actavo Direct, or email: email@example.com. Alternatively each time you receive marketing information or a message, you will have the option to decline to receive further marketing information from us (for example, each marketing email will have the option to click on “unsubscribe” button which will prevent any marketing communication to you in the future).
Secure online payments are made using our partner Sagepay. You can save Credit Card details in your account and use them to complete future orders. For your security, you will always be asked to enter your CV code (This is the 3 digit security code on the back of your card) at checkout. We receive authorization to charge your account once the order is placed and the pending transaction will be settled upon acceptance of your order. For security and fraud prevention, all orders made with a credit or debit card are subject to authorization and our fraud team may ask for further details before an order is processed.
We recognise the importance of privacy and security regarding the information you send us over the Internet.. We invite you to read about the steps we have taken to make online transmissions safer and the steps you can take to protect yourself on the internet.
• Data encryption -If you are using a security-enabled browser (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer version 2.1 or greater, or Netscape Navigator version 2.0 or greater), the information you send us regarding your purchase is encrypted, making it extremely difficult to read even if it is wrongly intercepted. The Actavo Direct website uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of potentially sensitive information such as your name and address
• Positive identification – The Actavo Direct website is registered with site identification authorities to enable your browser to confirm the identity before any transmission is sent . With this technology the identity of our site is automatically confirmed behind the scenes prior to the transmission of any customer information requested to complete an online order and your data reaches your intended target or your browser notifies you (prior to your sending any personal information) that the potential receiving site looks suspicious and should be avoided
• Browser security settings - Your browser security preference settings are your first line of defence to stopping the theft or unwanted viewing of confidential, personal information. The most popular browsers offer you the ability to receive an alert or notification if your are changing between secure and insecure transmission modes, receiving an invalid site identification for the site to which you are about to transmit; or sending a transmission over an "open" or unsecured connection
• Browser security signals - An unbroken key or closed padlock icon will appear in the bottom border of most browsers to indicate that SSL (Secure Socket Layer) security is in operation. Clicking on the icon will display the digital certificate associated with the secure connection. The digital certificate is intended to guarantee the identity of the remote computer to which you are sending your details.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these website, please not that these websites have their own privacy notices and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Any changes to this policy will be posted here.
Actavo Direct, Unit C, Cedar Court Office Park, Denby Dale Road, Calder Grove, Wakefield, WF4 3QZ
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
12 November 2015